Are items donated to the ReStore used to build Habitat homes?
- Items donated to the ReStores are sold to the public at discounted prices and the proceeds help fund local Habitat homebuilding and home repair programs. To learn more about the work we are doing in the community, visit Habitat for Humanity Portland Region.
What types of items can I donate to the ReStore?
- Check out our donation guidelines for our full list of items. Please note that all donated items must be in new or gently used condition, clean, stain-free, ready to sell as-is, and complete with all pieces.
How does my donation to the ReStore help the environment?
- By donating your items or shopping at the ReStore, we can give items new life and keep usable materials out of local landfills. In 2022, we diverted 8,216 tons of reusable materials from landfills.
Do the ReStores repair donated items and materials?
- No, we do not have the resources to repair donated items. We request that donations are ready to sell as-is.
Is my item donation tax-deductible?
- Yes! We provide donation receipts that you can use for tax deduction purposes. Please note that Habitat cannot legally determine a value for your items.
What are your donation drop-off hours?
- You can drop off donations at any of our three store locations Wednesdays to Mondays from 10:00 am – 5:45 pm. Donation docks are closed on Tuesdays.
Is there a fee to have my donations picked up?
- There is a $40 flat fee for standard residential pickups. This helps us offset the costs with providing this service. Your donation is tax-deductible, and we will provide you a receipt.
Can the ReStore pick up donations that are inside my house?
- For our standard residential pickups, we are unable to enter your home to get items. Please leave all items curbside, at the end of the driveway, in a parking space or garage.
Why can’t you accept my donation?
- On occasion, we cannot accept donations due to condition or our guidelines. We do our best to notify donors of items we cannot accept before the pickup appointment is scheduled. If you have questions about if your item(s) will be accepted, please call us at 971-229-8888 or email us at email@example.com before dropping off your items.