Salvage Service Supervisor
Reports To: Salvage Service Manager
Hourly Rate: $13-$14, depending on experience
Position Type: Full Time / Hourly / Benefits. Some evenings and weekends may be required.
The Salvage Service Supervisor is responsible for the on-site deconstruction and gathering of salvageable materials for resale in local Habitat for Humanity ReStores. This includes, monitoring, anticipating and prioritizing daily tasks on-site, ensuring a clean and safe environment, engaging and directing staff and volunteers and working to fulfill all aspects of day-to-day salvage operations as directed. The Salvage Services Supervisor is expected to perform all tasks safely, efficiently, and effectively, and to use polite and respectful communication with staff, volunteers and customers.
- Lead on-site removal and recovery of saleable items from project sites
- Organize and maintain on-site tools and safety equipment; alert manager of needs
- Supervision and guidance of staff and volunteers
- Safely operate 16 ft box truck daily, including the safe loading and securing of materials
- Maintain safe, fun and productive on-site environment for staff and volunteers
- Communicate with ReStore staff on incoming product
- Make sure project documentation and fees are collected, reported, and turned over to program manager
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Work as a team with staff and volunteers, following the lead and direction of senior staff
- Site oversight, management and maintenance of tools
- Manage time well, such as timely arrival for shift, reporting hours, taking appropriate breaks, and managing sites effectively
- Use tools and equipment, such as a sawzalls, circular saws, generators and others in the removal of items
- Follow safety requirements and training
- Master communication tools, such as telephone, email and google drive
- Adapt to a changing work environment; learn new operations and skills as program develops
- Dress appropriately, have a neat appearance and wear ReStore logo
- Support the ReStores and Development office staff on other duties as assigned including taking on leadership roles
- One year construction or remodeling experience
- Valid driver's license and ability to drive large box trucks
- Ability to work on-site unsupervised
- Ability to lift 75 lbs regularly and to team lift heavier items through varied terrain(i.e. granite countertops, large solid wood cabinets, and large appliances)
- Ability to work in varied environments (rain, wind, hot, cold etc.). 95% indoor and outdoor field work 5% or less office tasks
To apply: submit resume and cover letter with 3 references and “Salvage Services Supervisor” in the subject line to: email@example.com. Open until filled. Please apply early.
Note: This job description is intended as a guideline only and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment, expressed or implied. All employment is terminable at will, with or without cause. Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East is an equal opportunity employer.
- Everyone deserves a decent, affordable place to live...here's another one going up in Clark County! Hoooooray! https://t.co/7ti1YLpDHL — 1 hour 39 min ago
- We've got kitchen cabinet fever at the Washington County Restore. So many nice sets to chose from. https://t.co/CiuQuTLs1a — feeling pumped — 3 hours 18 min ago
- You'd be surprised by how popular this task is! Where else can you learn how to smash toilets and throw large... https://t.co/V5pOEQjSHY — 5 hours 14 min ago
- Mom would dig a gift you create from one of these colorful pots. Find them at the Portland ReStore in lots of... https://t.co/bUXtaV9Wqw — 5 hours 36 min ago