Reports To: ReStore Manager
Hourly Rate: $12.50 hour
The Habitat for Humanity ReStore home improvement outlets take donated new and used building materials, furniture, appliances, lighting fixtures and other home goods, then sell them to raise money for Habitat home-building projects while keeping tons of reusable materials out of area landfills.
If you are highly motivated, have retail experience, wish to live in a fun, vibrant and green city this is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing team!
- Train volunteers to complete ReStore tasks and support with reviews and follow-up
- Greet donors and inspect donations; accept items that meet our guidelines and decline those that do not
- Clean and price donations; place priced items on the sales floor
- Clean and organize all store and receiving areas, including break and rest rooms, and outdoor areas
- Greet and assist customers in the store, including loading, measuring and answering questions
- Cashier and manage opening and closing of store
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Work as a team with staff and volunteers, following the lead and direction of senior staff
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Manage time well, such as timely arrival for shift, reporting hours, taking appropriate breaks, and managing donation flow urgency
- Use tools and equipment, such as a forklift, pallet jacks and dollies to move donations
- Follow and enforce safety requirements with other staff and volunteers
- Master communication tools, such as telephone, email and 2-way radio
- Adapt to a changing work environment; learn new operations skills as program develops
- Dress appropriately, have a neat appearance and wear ReStore logo and nametag
Other duties as assigned, including taking a leadership role as needed
Work Environment/Physical Demands
This job operates in an open, warehouse retail environment. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift, move and/or load items over 50 pounds.
To apply for the position, submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Open until filled. Please apply early.
Note: This job description is intended as a guideline only and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment, expressed or implied. All employment is terminable at will, with or without cause. Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East is an equal opportunity employer.
- If you haven't met Pam Israel, this is a great opportunity to see how Habitat can change lives. Pam speaks from... https://t.co/YXS0guGTcD — 1 day 10 hours ago
- Pews! Huge pews! Swing in and get them at the Portland ReStore for only $29.99! — 1 day 13 hours ago
- Our very own king of metal recycling, Rich Reiter, won the Clark County Green Award Volunteer for 2017 at the... https://t.co/cIhm5LJEaQ — 1 day 14 hours ago
- Gresham ReStore signs going up today! We're getting closer and closer to opening. Hang in there, shoppers and... https://t.co/HS18jKOlPv — 2 days 14 hours ago