Reports to: ReStore Manager
Position Type: Full time/ hourly/ benefits
The Portland Metro ReStores are looking for an energetic, motivated individual to join our Gresham ReStore team. The ReStore Receiving Supervisor is responsible for monitoring, anticipating and prioritizing daily maintenance of the ReStore receiving and recycling areas, including planning and delegation of tasks, ensuring a clean and safe environment, engaging and directing staff and volunteers and working with management staff to fulfill all aspects of day-to-day retail operations as directed.
ReStore supervisors are expected to perform all tasks safely, efficiently, and effectively, and to use polite and respectful communication with staff, volunteers and customers.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Work as a team with staff and volunteers, following the lead and direction of senior staff
- Site oversight, management and maintenance
- Supervision and guidance of staff and volunteers
- Manage time well, such as timely arrival for shift, reporting hours, taking appropriate breaks, and managing donation flow urgency
- Use tools and equipment, such as a forklift, pallet jacks and dollies to move donations
- Follow safety requirements
- Master communication tools, such as telephone, email and 2-way radio
- Adapt to a changing work environment; learn new operations skills as program develops
- Dress appropriately, have a neat appearance and wear ReStore logo and name tag
Other duties as assigned, including taking a leadership role as needed
- Minimum 1 year customer service experience
- Minimum 1 year staff management experience
- Experience volunteering and/or managing volunteers
Work Environment/Physical Demands
This job operates in an open, warehouse retail environment. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift, move and/or load items over 50 pounds.
Salary and benefits
This is a full time position starting at $14 per hour and includes full benefits package: medical, dental, vision and alternative care coverage; vacation and sick leave; holidays; flexible spending accounts; and retirement plan.
APPLICATION PACKETS MUST INCLUDE:
- A complete resume, including date s of employment
- A cover letter addressing how your personal and professional experiences have prepared you for this position
- Three references: two professional and one personal
To apply for the position, submit resume, cover letter, and list of references to email@example.com. Open through March 20, 2017. Please apply early.
Note: This job description is intended as a guideline only and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment, expressed or implied. All employment is terminable at will, with or without cause. Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East is an equal opportunity employer.
- If you haven't met Pam Israel, this is a great opportunity to see how Habitat can change lives. Pam speaks from... https://t.co/YXS0guGTcD — 1 day 10 hours ago
- Pews! Huge pews! Swing in and get them at the Portland ReStore for only $29.99! — 1 day 13 hours ago
- Our very own king of metal recycling, Rich Reiter, won the Clark County Green Award Volunteer for 2017 at the... https://t.co/cIhm5LJEaQ — 1 day 14 hours ago
- Gresham ReStore signs going up today! We're getting closer and closer to opening. Hang in there, shoppers and... https://t.co/HS18jKOlPv — 2 days 14 hours ago